Day 1 of 7DRL2019 is over!
Here’s how 7 Days to Rigel is looking so far:
- I laid out the rough structure of the game and the engine. It’s designed to be easily extensible, so that later on, writing mechanics and actions and objects is just a matter of filling out the fields and won’t carry the risk of having to rewrite major parts of the code.
- The game has a logo and a functional splash screen.
- I’ve started porting code over from Vibropyke, the procedural plot generation system I never finished.
Here’s the plan for Day 2:
- Implement the main game mechanics: movement, interaction, FOV.
- Build an options menu, letting you change font size and rebind keys.
- Start working on map generation. Read up on prior work.
I’ll report back tomorrow!